A leading computer technology company runs several data centers in the U.S. To ensure smooth operations, a system integrator helped them develop an energy management system (EMS) to monitor the stability of AC power in their data centers. To achieve this, reliable communication between power devices, such as low-voltage switchgears and automated transfer switches (ATS), and the EMS was developed so that operators could receive power-related data timely and make quick decisions in order to reduce system downtime.
- Modbus RTU-to-Modbus TCP conversion
- Collecting both proprietary data and digital input data
- A single tool to configure and maintain Moxa products
A variety of power devices inside low-voltage switchgears and ATS needed to connect and communicate with the EMS, such as power relays, power meters, and circuit breakers. Our NPort 6450 secure terminal servers, MGate MB3170/MB3270 Modbus gateways, and ioLogik E1210 remote I/Os enabled connectivity for different interfaces and protocols. Furthermore, our products support easy-to-use configuration tools, Ethernet cascading to simplify network topology, and Modbus protocol troubleshooting tools so that engineers can easily identify root causes when a communication error occurs.
- A comprehensive product portfolio of Modbus gateways, serial-to-Ethernet servers, and remote I/Os
- Supports MXconfig and MCC tools for easy configuration and maintenance
- Protocol troubleshooting tools to easily identify the root cause of a communication failure